Sunday, October 17, 2010

Owlettes

I like to work in a project at the beginning of the year that asks kids to think about how lines and shapes can work together to create patterns.  This owl project is an old standard that I usually do with my third grade students.  This year I tried it with my wonderful second graders and I'm so glad I did.  They flew with it. I adore how their owls look, like themselves, so very young.

I also tried this with my fourth grades students, but with a new twist which I will share with you next week.


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, I've just found you and spend lots of time pouring over your projects. They are wonderful and look forward to seeing more. Thanks, Liz in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for you kind words, Liz. I hope you'll come back and visit often.

    ReplyDelete