Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Value Drawing...Owls

Isn't it just that way?  I went looking photos of the owl drawings my third graders did as a practice for the printmaking project below and couldn't find them.  That's because I was so blown away by the results that I forgot to photograph them.  Boo-hoo.  I guess I'll get to that later this week because their little practice sketches spontaneously turned into a 45 minute intense value drawing episode.  You could hear a pin drop. Naturally I let them go with it and then ran right over to sixth grade and repeated the lesson with my older artists, because I'll do anything to engage kids deeply with drawing.  Here are the few sixth grade value drawings that were completed last week.  Others are still in progress.





No comments:

Post a Comment