Friday, March 21, 2014

Welcome Spring

Happy first day of spring everyone.  Don't you love the fleeting days of springtime when the world bursts back into bud and bloom?  Well worth the wait, I think and a magical time to be in Vermont.  I'm celebrating by planting seeds and tending the seedlings that will become our summer garden.  Here's The Green Man that lived in the yard for a little while last summer.  White clay and buttercups, he lived on the trunk of the tree that gave us a bounty of sour cherries last year.  We made those cherries into that sensational Cherry Brandy that we shared last Christmas Eve.  If you want the recipe leave a comment and I'll hunt it down.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Barbara, now if it just would FEEL like spring (written as snowflakes swirl around outside and I wear my coziest sweater)! Seriously, I'm ready for spring to get in here and stick around, instead of just taking a peek and backing back out again the way it's been doing. Meanwhile - it's time to go hunting for pussywillows!

    ReplyDelete