Gelli Prints...something I'd wanted to try, but hadn't gotten around to until today and I'm so glad I did. Made a small plate by whisking 3 pouches of gelatin into a cup of boiling water which I then poured into the plastic lid of a take-out container. I was surprised how fast the plate set up...it was firm within 45 minutes but we let it set out overnight and printed the next morning.
After running around the house and collecting our texture items: string, mesh onion bag, combs, paper stencils, buttons, coins, leaves, we rolled block printing ink onto the plate and started printing. We started with block printing inks but soon got bored with the limited colors and broke out the bin of acrylic paints which worked a lot better.
I have to say the process was addictive. We put on some music and printed all day long. What a fun day. Really relaxing and there's really no wrong way of doing this. Every print offers a new and surprising result. Just fabulous.
Definitely going to be trying this out with kids soon.